Fourth Wall Awareness
Useless Against Diamonds
Useless Against Crystals
Useless Against Gumballs
|Voice Actor||Nolan North|
|Debut||Learning the Ropes|
Clockwork is a robot-like alien with skin that is made of a magenta-colored material, with black stripes and a transparent piece of red circular glass on his chest, revealing gears inside of him. Clockwork has a large body and holes on the protrusion on his head. On his back, he has a black stripe that splits into two stripes with a keyhole between them. The Simplicitrix is located on his gears.
Negative Clockwork looks almost identical to Clockwork. However, his body is made of a teal-colored material, and his gears are covered in a teal glass. The Negative Simplicitrix is located on his gears.
- Because he is as a technological being, it is possible for a Galvanic Mechamorph to merge with him, enhancing his abilities. When fused he gains stronger time rays, the ability to morph his hands into drills, and shoulder mounted rocket launchers.
- Clockwork can slow down time around himself, making it look like to others that Clockwork is walking at very high speeds. Clockwork can also fire green time rays from his hands or chest which can send people back in time or age an object/person to dust.
- As revealed in RWBYA Part 2, Clockwork can keep time frozen while changing into another transformation. However, Alan stated he is not quite sure how long he can keep time frozen, but it was a considerable amount given it stayed frozen for as long as it took to get from Argus to Atlas, cities on two different continents.
- By rotating the winch on his head, Clockwork can create a projection of what happened in the past.
- Clockwork can travel through time. Clockwork can also send people back to their own timeline/dimension.
- Due to Alan's abilities, Clockwork has the ability of fourth wall awareness.
- As revealed in RWBYA Part 3, Clockwork can send himself into a previous version of himself, "Quantum Leaping" as he calls it. When he does this, his past self takes his place in the present. Although the two have swapped places, everyone else sees the situation as normal.
- Clockwork is not very durable.
- He can be badly stunned if hit on the gear on his head.
- Because of his large body, Clockwork is quite slow and low on stamina. Therefore, he tires out quickly. However, this weakness is able to be dodged by slowing down time.
- Time has no effect on gumballs or diamonds , so Clockwork's time rays are virtually useless on those items, aside from sending them back in time.
- The use of his powers create an ripple effect in time which can be reversed by another Chronosapien or time manipulator.
- As revealed in RWBYA, Clockwork has a great difficulty traveling to universes not in his own multiverse. However, this can be bypassed if he somehow has access to the sword of a Samswordone, such a Blamurai, as the sword has an odd effect on Clockwork's time beam, allowing him to access other multiverses with ease.
|Episode Title||Usage||Used By||Times Used|
|Learning the Ropes||Clockwork appeared when training with Alexis.||Alan Nomaly||1|
|O' Brother, What Art Thou||Clockwork appeared to slow down time to save Alexis.||Alan Nomaly||1|
|A Scientific Fæble||Clockwork was used to stop criminals. He later appeared to get home from Galvan Prime.||Alan Nomaly||2|
|Through Your Eyes||Clockwork was used to run to Jessica's house with unknown intentions.||Richard Nomaly||1|
|Darama Drama||Clockwork was used to get to the museum. He later appeared to defeat Darama.||Alan Nomaly||2|
|The Trial of Alan Nomaly||Clockwork cameoed to speed up time at Tacopolis, but instantly transformed back. He later appeared to fight Starbeard.||Alan Nomaly||2|
|Alan 10||Clockwork appeared to dance at the party. He later appeared to save a child from being hit by a car.||Alan Nomaly||2|
|Magnetic Personality||Alexis used Clockwork to see where Alan's body went, and to slow down time so her and the others could get to the military base quickly without being seen.||Alexis Dwyer||1|
|RWBYA Part 1||Clockwork was used to open a portal to Earth-ERTH with help from Blamurai's sword.||Richard Nomaly||1|
|RWBYA Part 2||Clockwork was used to stop time so he and the other heroes could steal an Atlesian ship. He was later used to return the ship to its proper time.||Alan Nomaly||2|
|RWBYA Part 3|| Clockwork was used to bring himself, Blake, and Yang back to the present, and send their past selves back to get Pyrrha to fix the Simplicitrix, creating a bootstrap paradox.|
Clockwork was later used to Quantum Leap into his past self to bring Bumblebee to the present.
|Episode Title||Usage||Times Used|
|RWBYA Part 3||Alan used Clockwork's powers, with Blamurai's sword, to open a portal back home.||1|
|Paging Mr. Nomaly||Alan used Clockwork and Blamurai's powers together to get to and from Earth-ERTH.||2|
|Episode Title||Usage||Used By||Times Used|
|Dubstep Off||Clockwork was used to train with Chromastone. The latter deflected his time beam, causing Heatblast to de-age.||Alan Nomaly||1|
- Learning the Ropes (debut; unintentional)
- O' Brother, What Art Thou
- A Scientific Fæble (2x; first time cameo)
- Darama Drama (2x)
- The Trial of Alan Nomaly (2x, first time cameo, second time unintentional cameo)
- Alan 10 (2x, first time cameo)
- RWBYA (4x)
Clockwork's dragon name is Tiidnelsein, which can be broken up into, "tiid nel sein," meaning time fast slow.
- Richard was initially going to use Negative Clockwork in O' Brother, What Art Thou, but the idea was scrapped.
- According to A Scientific Fæble, Clockwork is Transformation 3 in the Simplicitrix.
- Nolan North was chosen as Clockwork's voice actor due to Nolan North having voiced Edward Richtofen in the Call of Duty: Zombies franchise.
- Clockwork's Quantum Leap ability is a reference to the TV series of the same name.